Youth Ambassadors Program
Are you a French high school junior or senior level student? Are you a young associative leader? Become a Youth Ambassador for Community Service to the United States!
The Embassy of the United States of America in France and ACSE (the French National Agency for Social Cohesion and Equal Opportunity) are inviting you to participate in a 2-week program in the United States with 20 high school students and 10 associative leaders.
As a Youth Ambassador for Community Service, you will represent France and participate in meetings and debates with associations and young people on themes such as cultural diversity, identity, equal opportunity, and community service. In the U.S., you will meet American associative leaders with which you can share your experience.
Before your departure from France, you will participate in two obligatory training sessions, one of which is a national training session taking place in July 2014 in Paris. Upon your return, you will share your experience with others.
- To develop participants’ sense of civic duty and their interest in volunteer work and community service.
- To develop an intercultural dialogue between French and American youths.
- To develop intergenerational exchanges between young high school leaders (15-17 y.o.) and young associative leaders (18-30 y.o.)
- To promote equal opportunities.
To be considered for the program, the student must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Eligible for ESTA (electronic travel authorization) or for obtaining a non-immigrant (B1/B2) visa for travel to the U.S. (proof of receipt of the ESTA or visa obligatory in order to travel).
- Capable of expressing oneself in English.
- No prior travel to the United States.
- Enrolled as a high school junior or senior during the academic year AND •Registered at a public school in Ile de France, Aquitaine, Haute-Garonne, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Rhône-Alpes, or PACA. (see application form for details) AND •Interest in community service (experience in volunteer work is preferred).
- Be from a family of modest means, which will be evaluated by looking at the family allocation and which must be no greater than 750 euros.
- OR – Be an associative leader in Gironde, Val d’Oise, Pas de Calais, Bouches du Rhône, or Rhône AND – be capable to be a mentor to high-school program participants
Apply for the 2014 Program
Flyers High School
IIP, Ejournal: The Spirit of Volunteerism
This issue of eJournalUSA is dedicated to the unheralded citizens who collectively contribute some $173 billion annually through their unpaid labor.