Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Visa Waiver Program/ ESTA

The Visa Waiver Program

France is one of more than 35 countries whose citizens are eligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

Information about the Visa Waiver Program in French


Travelers using the Visa Waiver Program need to make an application for the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

Application for ESTA in French

Passport requirements

Approval of travel by ESTA is valid only for travelers with passports that meet the U.S. biometric standards for travel under the Visa Waiver Program.  To determine whether or not your passport meets these standards, please open our gallery.

More about ESTA

Passports Validity

Adobe Reader

  • Free Download

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Download it for free now.