Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation


  • Consular Flag ATTENTION: U.S. embassies and consulates are currently experiencing technical difficulties that may result in delays in visa processing and receiving and sending communications. Additionally, applicants who have interviews for student and exchange visitor (F/M/J) visas scheduled for this week should bring proof of payment of the SEVIS fee.

General Information

A map of the embassy location

Map of our location - 4, ave Gabriel, 75008 Paris Metro: Concorde

Please note that we will no longer be accepting mandat comptes purchased after August 14, 2014.

New Appointment System

Beginning July 31, 2014, the U.S. Embassy in Paris has implemented a new system to schedule visa appointments and to pay the visa application fee.  Under this new system, non-immigrant visa applicants will continue to request appointments online or by calling a local phone number, but will enjoy the option of paying the visa application fee via debit card or bank transfer.  Passports with visas and other documents will be returned to applicants by a courier service at no cost to the applicant and can be tracked online.  Please click here to schedule a visa appointment.  

Type of Visa

Non-immigrant visas are required for travelers who wish to visit, work or study for a temporary period. The type of visa required will depend on the purpose of your travel.

Anyone who wishes to enter the United States to reside there permanently must apply for an immigrant visa, whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States.

New Policy for Same Sex Spouses

General Visa Information

Customer Service Statement

Safety and Security of US Borders (Biometrics)

Fraud Warning

Lost and Stolen Passports, Visas and Form I-94s

Complaints about Immigration (CBP) Entry to the U.S.

Visa Processing Time

Administrative Processing

Related Government Agency Websites

Travel & Tourism in the U.S.

  • Tourism Badge