Notarial Services in Paris
Please only bring the set of documents that needs your signature, unsigned, fully completed, assembled and ready for notarization along with instructions from the end user in the state of jurisdiction. If your documents are not ready for signature, you may be asked to make a new appointment.
You will receive the notarized documents on the day of your appointment.
The Embassy cannot provide legal advice, or explain the contents of the document. We assume no responsibility for the safeguarding of clients’ personal notarial documents.
Do NOT sign any documents prior to your appointment.
Note: Appointments for notarial services may be made using our online calenndar.
Please select the nature of the document you need notarized from the following menu. After your selection, you will be prompted to the appointment calendar:
The Embassy can notarize:
- A letter or a form that I am signing
- For Marriage or a PACS in France see instructions to obtain the "attestation tenant lieu de certificat de coutume et de célibat."
- a Certification of U.S. Savings Bonds
- Financial or Real Estate Transaction Document such as Grant Deed, Warranty Deed, Bill of Sale, Closing Affidavit, Assignment of Lease, Power of Attorney, Disbursement Instructions.
- a Power of attorney
- a Sworn Statements
- a True copy of my U.S. passport
- a Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 (Form DS-3053)
For payment of fees please see this website page.
The Embassy cannot notarize the following, do not schedule an appointment.
Do not schedule an appointment. Any appointments scheduled for the following will be automatically cancelled:
We cannot provide:
- an Apostille or legalize U.S. Birth/Marriage/Divorce/Death Certificates
- a Certificate of Concordance
- Diplomas, Certified Copies of Diplomas and Other U.S . Academic Credentials
- FBI criminal background checks
- Medallion / Signature Guarantee
- U.S. Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates or Divorce Decrees
Need an expedited appointment?
Schedule the first available online appointment and send an email explaining the nature of the urgency. We will do our best to accommodate your request and will confirm your new appointment by email.
Note: Notarial services are available by appointment only. Unfortunately, due to workload and security constraints, we cannot accept walk-ins for notarial services.
Embassy Consular Waiting Room Access: Only persons seeking consular services and whose names are on the daily access list will be admitted to the Embassy. Read more here.
Questions? You can contact us by email.