Notarial services are available by appointment only. Appointments must be scheduled through the Embassy website.
- Only certain documents for use in the United States and documents for use in France can be notarized at the Embassy.
- The Embassy cannot provide legal advice, or explain the
contents of the document. We assume no responsibility for the safeguarding of clients’ personal notarial documents.
- Once you have scheduled the on-line appointment, you must submit the names of your witness(es) or co-signer(s) in advance using the Notary Contact Form the day before the appointment at the latest. Failure to do so may result in your witness(es) or co-signer(s) being refused entry to the Embassy.
- The fee per Consular seal is US$50.
- Bring your passport or government issued photo I.D.
- Bring your complete documents, including the exhibits if applicable, assembled and ready for notarization, but not signed. If applicable, please bring instructions from the end user in the state of jurisdiction. If your documents are not ready for signature, you may be asked to make a new appointment.
- Ensure that you understand the contents of the document(s). The Consular Officer cannot explain them, assemble them for you, or provide legal advice.
- It can take about 90 minutes for the notarial process, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- DO NOT sign the document prior to coming to the Embassy. You will receive your notarized documents on the day of the appointment.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Notarial Services
I would like to:
- make an appointment for a Notary Service
- cancel my appointment. If you do not remember your password, please use our contact form.
CONSULATES IN MARSEILLE AND STRASBOURG
Notary appointments are available at both consulates. Please click on the relevant link for further information:
Embassy Consular Waiting Room Access: Only persons seeking consular services and whose names are on the daily access list will be admitted to the Embassy. Read more here.