Notarial Services in Paris
Please only bring the set of documents that needs your signature, unsigned, fully completed, assembled and ready for notarization along with instructions from the end user in the state of jurisdiction. If your documents are not ready for signature, you may be asked to make a new appointment.
You will receive the notarized documents on the day of your appointment.
The Embassy cannot provide legal advice, or explain the contents of the document. We assume no responsibility for the safeguarding of clients’ personal notarial documents.
Do NOT sign any documents prior to your appointment.
Please select the nature of the document you need notarized from menu A below. After your selection, you will be prompted to the online appointment calendar:
A. The Embassy can notarize documents in these categories:
- A letter or a form that I am signing
- For Marriage or a PACS in France see instructions to obtain the "attestation tenant lieu de certificat de coutume et de célibat."
- a Certification of U.S. Savings Bonds
- Financial or Real Estate Transaction Document such as Grant Deed, Warranty Deed, Bill of Sale, Closing Affidavit, Assignment of Lease, Power of Attorney, Disbursement Instructions.
- a Power of attorney
- a Sworn Statement
- a True copy of my U.S. passport
For payment of fees please see this website page.
Note: Notarial services are available by appointment only. Unfortunately, due to workload and security constraints, we cannot accept walk-ins for notarial services.
B. The Embassy cannot notarize documents in these categories. Do not schedule an appointment. Any appointments scheduled for the following will be automatically cancelled:
We cannot provide the following. See links for these services:
- an Apostille or legalize U.S. Birth/Marriage/Divorce/Death Certificates
- a Certificate of Concordance
- Diplomas, Certified Copies of Diplomas and Other U.S . Academic Credentials
- FBI criminal background checks
- Medallion / Signature Guarantee
- U.S. Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates or Divorce Decrees
Embassy Consular Waiting Room Access: Only persons seeking consular services and whose names are on the daily access list will be admitted to the Embassy. Read more here.