Notarial services are available by appointment only. Appointments must be scheduled through the Embassy website.
- Only certain documents for use in the United States and documents for use in France can be notarized at the Embassy.
- The Embassy cannot provide legal advice, or explain the contents of the document. We assume no responsibility for the safeguarding of clients’ personal notarial documents.
- You must submit the names of your witness(es) or co-signer(s) in advance using the Notary Contact Form. Failure to do so may result in your witness(es) or co-signer(s) being refused entry to the Embassy.
- The fee per Consular seal is US$50.
- Be sure to bring your passport or government issued photo I.D. and the set of documents needing your signature, fully completed, assembled and ready for notarization along with instructions from the end user in the state of jurisdiction. If your documents are not ready for signature, you may be asked to make a new appointment.
- It can take about 90 minutes for the notarial process, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- DO NOT sign the document prior to coming to the Embassy. You will receive your notarized documents on the day of the appointment.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Notarial Services
I would like to:
- make an appointment for a Notary Service
- cancel my appointment. If you do not remember your password, please use our contact form.
CONSULATES IN MARSEILLE AND STRASBOURG
Notary appointments are available at both consulates. Please click on the relevant link for further information:
Embassy Consular Waiting Room Access: Only persons seeking consular services and whose names are on the daily access list will be admitted to the Embassy. Read more here.