Traveling to the U.S.
Planning a trip to the U.S. ?
The Embassy does not provide tourist information to the public. In case you need specific information, you can go to your local tourist agency or a public library, or visit the following website Travel & Tourism in the U.S.
There is a great deal of useful U.S. travel information on the Internet, and a preliminary excursion in cyberspace will serve you well when you are already to begin your journey in the real world.
Transportation / Getting Around
- All-Hotels: One of the largest online hotel reservation companies. It offers every kind of lodging including B & B's, discount motel and luxury 5-star accomodation all over the world.
Alternative accomodation can be found at:
Campgrounds & Trailer parks:
- Kampgrounds of America
- Go Camping America
- Woodwalls Campground Guide
- CampNet America: Includes links to a wealth of outdoors attractions and a useful U.S./Canada Public Parks Locator Map.
Vacation on a dude or guest ranch:
Things To Do
- Musea: Virtual Library with museum listings by name, state, type, etc. (courtesy of Oakland Museum of California)
- National Parks Service: All the information you are looking for about visiting the National Parks (courtesy of National Park Service)
- Ticketmaster: Ticket reservations for sports, arts, music and family events.
For information on barrier-free vacations, accessible air travel, transportation and destinations start with the Disability Travel and Recreation Resources (courtesy of Jim Lubin)
How are is/ How much is / What's the weather/ Where is?...
- How far is it...? Calculates the distance between 2 places around the globe (courtesy of Indo)
- How much is...? Currency converter (courtesy of Oanda)
- What's the Weather today in...? (courtesy of the Weather Channel)
- What time is it in ... ? (courtesy of WorldTime).
- Where in the U.S. is ... ? (courtesy of U.S. Census Bureau).
From 08 September 2010 a new fee is to be charged for Visa Waiver Program travelers...read more.