Announcement / Important Information for American Presence Posts: Bordeaux, Rennes and Toulouse
Effective January 1, 2014, American Presence Posts (APPs) in Rennes, Bordeaux and Toulouse will no longer accept applications for U.S. passports and birth registrations, Social Security numbers or other federal benefits, or provide notarial services. After January 1, 2014 passport and birth registration applications and notarial services for U.S. citizens in those consular districts can be scheduled at either the U.S. Embassy in Paris or at the U.S. Consulate General in Marseille. Please contact the Federal Benefits Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Paris for information on applications for Social Security numbers and other federal benefits.
The U.S. Mission to France will schedule periodic visits by consular officers to provide routine services to American citizens in the districts of APP Rennes, Bordeaux and Toulouse. We will publicize these visits to citizens actively listed in our Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP), so please ensure that you are signed up in order to receive notices about such services as well as other messages from the U.S. Government. U.S. citizens can enroll online at: https://step.state.gov/step/
American Citizen Services
General Information for Services in Paris
The American Citizen Services Unit (ACS) of the Consular Section in Paris provides the following services as well as information and assistance to U.S. citizens in France.
Visit our website pages for answers to all your questions on:
- Emergency life-death assistance for a U.S. Citizen
- Current Security Notices and Messages for U.S. Citizens
- U.S. Passport Services
- U.S. Citizeninship for Minors and Adults or Renunciation of Citizenship
- Notarial Services: legalization of documents for use in the U.S. or France; certificates for marriage in France (PDF - 91 kb)
- Resources for U.S. Citizens Living or Traveling in France
Go to the following pages for information on obtaining:
- Apostille in the US (PDF - 91 kb)
- FBI Criminal Background Checks, fingerprinting
- Vital records, birth certificates etc.
Many American Citizen Services are also available at our Consular Offices located throughout France.
American Citizen Services
4, avenue Gabriel
- Embassy Consular Waiting Room Access: Only persons seeking consular services and whose names are on the daily access list will be admitted to the Embassy. Read more here.
- Living in France, or traveling around the globe − American citizens may enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive travel updates, assistance in emergency situations, and routine embassy information.