U.S. Passport Information
The U.S. Embassy will consider your emergency passport application for immediate travel on a walk-in basis if:
- Your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated;
- Your request is due to a sudden, unexpected occurrence or relates to an unexpected event, such as a death in the family or a medical problem;
- You have urgent travel plans or a foreign visa appointment and need additional visa pages;
- Your emergency situation does not meet the above criteria but is severe enough to warrant emergency action.
See Emergency Passport website page for this service: all others see below.
2. Regular By Mail Passport Services
3. Passport Services Requiring an Appointment
Read information on scheduling your U.S. passport appointment for:
First Passports and renewing old passports (issued over 15 years)
4. Payment and FAQs
Consular Offices in other Regions of France
A full range of passport services are also provided at the U.S. Consulate General in Marseille. Limited passport services are available at the consular offices in Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Lyon, Rennes, Toulouse and Nice.
For further information you may refer to the U.S. Department of State website page on passport applications for U.S. citizens. Please remember that some procedures for passport applications abroad may vary according to the country in which the passport application is made.
Helpful tip: When traveling, please remember to carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.
Please note the U.S. Embassy does NOT provide expedited passport services.
You will find information on all U.S. Citizen Services on our homepage.