Routine Passport Renewal for Applicants Aged 16 and Over
Please note that incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will be returned unprocessed.
Renew your current passport by mail and obtain a passport card if all of the following are true:
Your most recent passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued when you were 16 or older;
- Was issued within the last 15 years.
If you cannot meet these requirements, please refer here.
Please send all documents to the address listed below:
- Complete online and submit Form DS-82 available using the online passport wizard. Be sure to answer all questions accurately as any mistakes may result in a delay. Check that you are using the correct form here (PDF-202 kb). Print one-sided pages only, sign and date.**
- Social Security Number: If the applicant does not currently have an SSN then he/she should fill in the passport application SSN box # 5 with zeros.
- Current or expiring passport: If your passport is damaged or mutilated, contact us.
- Photo: One current U.S. standard size passport photograph for biometric passports. French photo booth photographs are NOT acceptable for U.S. passport issuance. All photos must have a white background. Do NOT staple or paperclip the photo to your application.
- Payment: 94 Euros by using a Mandat cash, blue form (PDF 409 KB) available at all French post offices.
- Return envelope requirements: One self-addressed Chronopost envelope for the return of passports. Please keep top copy of delivery information with bar code and tracking number for your records (one envelope can contain up to 6 passports).
Where to Send Your Passport Application:
Please follow specific instructions provided on this webpage and send your complete application by registered mail or Chronopost to:
4, avenue Gabriel
75382 Paris Cedex 08
**We require that all applications be completed online and printed from a laser printer. If you choose to submit a hand-written application or print the application on a non-laser printer, this could cause delays in processing your application.
When making a passport application in France, do not send it to the United States.