Secretary of State's Travel to France
In Paris on July 6, Secretary Clinton attended the third meeting of the Friends of the Syrian People. At that meeting, the Secretary consulted with her colleagues on steps to increase pressure on the Assad regime and to support UN-Arab League Special Envoy Annan’s efforts to end the violence and facilitate a political transition to a post-Assad Syria.
Secretary Clinton consulted with French leaders regarding next steps on Syria as well as on a number of other key areas of global concern.
As part of her ongoing consultations with senior Palestinian and Israeli leaders, the Secretary met with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to discuss both parties’ efforts to pursue a dialogue and build on President Abbas’ exchange of letters with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Secretary Clinton (June 30): "...today the international community came together to endorse a plan for a democratic transition in Syria that aims to end the violence and pave the way for a post-Assad unity government"
- Secretary Clinton, Press Availability Following the Friends of the Syrian People Ministerial Meeting, July 6, 2012, Paris
- Remarks at the Friends of the Syrian People Ministerial Meeting, July 6, 2012, Paris
- U.N. Security Council Now United Behind Syria Plan, Clinton Says
- Clinton's Interview on Syria with National Public Radio
- Secretary Clinton's Interview with CNN on Syria
- Clinton After Meeting of Action Group on Syria
- Ambassador Rice at U.N. Debate on Protection of Civilians
- Clinton, Special Envoy Annan Before Meeting on Syria
- Clinton on Friends of the Syrian People's Sanctions Group
- Clinton to U.N.: Act on Syria or Be Complicit in Violence