The numbers below are provided for U.S. citizens who are distressed and require emergency services such as assistance with the death, arrest, illness, abduction in process, or injury of an American citizen.
Routine services such as passport renewals, reports of birth abroad, and notarials are not considered emergencies and are processed during regular business hours. For additional resources, please refer to the information below:
- Abduction of a child abroad
- American citizens missing abroad
- Arrest/detention of an American citizen abroad
- Death of an American citizen abroad
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Help for American Victims of Crime Overseas
- Lost and Stolen U.S. Passports Abroad
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL:
- In France dial 01.43.12.22.22 [then dial 9 (nine) when you hear the automated greeting].
- If you are calling from the U.S., please dial 011.33.1.43.12.22.22 [then 9 (nine)].
Note: Time difference between Washington D.C. and Paris is + 6 hours.
Email: email@example.com with EMERGENCY + (brief description) in the subject line. Please note that this mailbox is monitored during working hours only. For after-hours emergency assistance, please contact the embassy's switchboard at the number listed above.
See also Emergency Passport Services.
Get Help in an Emergency
Emergency services for U.S. citizens who are distressed and require emergency services such as assistance with the death, arrest, illness, abduction in process, or injury of an American citizen.
Lost Your Passport?
Out of Money?
Running out of financial resources while traveling abroad can be an emergency. Outside of office hours, we can help you connect with family and friends on the homefront who can help out by transferring money to you wherever you are. Visit this website page to learn about receiving money in France.