Doing Business in the USA
2015 Select USA Investment Summit
We’re thrilled to announce that registration is open for the second SelectUSA Investment Summit in the Washington, D.C. area on March 23-24, 2015!
If you run a business and are considering opening or expanding operations in the United States, the SelectUSA Summit will help you find the answers you need more efficiently, saving you time and money. You’ll discover more about how, where and why to invest in the United States.
in touch with our team in Paris if you’re interested in joining our delegation
to the SelectUSA Summit.
Email : SelectUSA-France@trade.gov
Tel : +33 (0)1 43 12 70 83
Here’s what you’ll find at the 2015 SelectUSA Investment Summit:
- The agenda is packed with practical information; you’ll learn about resources, tools, and regulations to help you seize investment opportunities with confidence. High-profile business and government leaders will share their insight on the latest trends.
- Online matchmaking will enable you schedule face-to-face meetings with economic developers and officials to explore opportunities and learn about resources and incentives.
- The trade show will showcase investment opportunities from every corner of the United States – all in one building!
- The SelectUSA Academy will be held just before the Summit on the afternoon of March 22 and will cover the basics of investing in the United States for first-time investors.
Who should attend?
- Investors of all sizes: Whether you represent an established multinational, small or medium-sized enterprise, or a high-growth start-up, this event is for you if you’re thinking about establishing or expanding operations in the United States.
- Infrastructure investors: We’ll feature sessions highlighting opportunities to invest in infrastructure. Officials will be on site to share information on the Administration’s Build America Investment Initiative.
- Advisors, specialists, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations: Organizations and service providers that facilitate direct investment into the United States are welcome.
We look forward to working with you! Please register through the Summit
website and contact the Embassy’s Public Affairs
Section for more information.
Tel : 01 43 12 27 01
Learn more and register now at www.SelectUSAsummit.com. Last year’s Summit filled up fast, so don’t wait to sign up!
Doing Business in the U.S.
On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in France considering investments in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in the USA
The United States is the world’s largest economy and has the world’s third-largest population, with a gross domestic product of over $17 trillion and a population of more than 317 million people. It is also one of the richest economies in the world. The country’s per capita GDP of over $51,000 leads major developed economies. The United States has a lucrative and open consumer market, as well as access via free trade agreements to about 425 million more customers for goods and services that are produced in the United States. For more information about the business climate in the United States, click here
- Contact us at the U.S. Commercial Service to discuss your interests and needs.
- Visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, America is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories. Most U.S. states have an economic development office based in Europe. Please visit the website of the Council of American States in Europe.
Official website of the United States Small Business Administration. Web site’s focus is on small and medium-sized business, but much of the information is applicable to businesses of all sizes.
- Cluster Mapping Tool
The Project aims to provide policymakers and development practitioners across America with the data and tools for assessing regional cluster strengths, business environment characteristics, and innovation assets; with case studies on and toolkits for formulating development strategies; and with a directory profiling active cluster initiatives throughout the country
- Business Law & Regulations
This section helps you with the day-to-day legal issues that could affect your small business.
- State and Local Regulations
Step-by-step instructions for complying with state and local regulations when starting or running a business.