July 30th, 2015
"By issuing this report, we want to bring to the public’s attention the full nature of a $150 billion illicit trafficking industry".
"Without this deal, Iran could double its capacity to enrich uranium in a short time".
Statement by the Press Secretary on the Opening of the U.S. Embassy in Havana, Cuba, and the Opening of the Cuban Embassy in the U.S.
Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken was in Paris from June 1 to June 3 to lead the U.S. delegation to the Counter-ISIL Coalition Small Group Ministerial.
Secretary Kerry was in Paris to meet with Foreign Ministers from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries as well as participate in Victory Day commemorations marking...
On April 18, 2015 the Hermione, an exact replica of General Lafayette’s 18th-century ship, set sail for the USA. The journey started from the mouth of the River Charente, in Port des Barques, where Lafayette boarded on March 10th, 1780. The transatlantic crossing is expected to take 27 days in total, before making landfall at Yorktown, Virginia.
On July 4, French President Sadi Carnot inaugurated a Statue of Liberty on the Ile des Cygnes in the Seine River.
The State Department created the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) in 2011 to support alumni initiatives that promote shared values and innovative solutions to global challenges. The competition provides small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects...
To mark the centenary of the First World War, U.S. Embassy France and the Office of the Historian investigated the role of the U.S. diplomatic corps stationed in France during 1914-1918.
Message for Consular Customers:
The Consular Section is open for all routine services.
For all non-immigrant visa applicants whose appointments for Thursday, July 16 were canceled due to the power outage:
• Beginning Friday, July 17 you may return to the embassy for an interview with a consular officer, any business day Monday-Friday, between the hours of 0830 and 1130. This open appointment is valid for up to one year from the date your visa payment was processed. Before appearing for your interview please check the appointment website for the holiday schedule and updates on any unexpected closures.
• Please make sure to bring your original appointment confirmation and all other required documents to your interview per the original instructions provided to you.
• For answers to frequently asked questions click here, or to contact us click here.
We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused by this disruption to our service you and we thank you for your understanding.
Ambassador Jane D. Hartley
- Jane D. Hartley, Ambassador to the French Republic and the Principality of Monaco
- Before attempting to register under the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), please first check your eligibility to travel under the Visa Waiver Program.